Wollarium

Wollarium

Friday, July 11, 2014

Vintage inspired knitting - 50's short sleeved jumper

Okay, I started to knit this sweater some time ago ... but since I always work on many projects at the same time I'm always glad when I acutally manage to finish something that isn't a custom order or has to be made for a special date. So I proudly present: the Mint Jumper! (announced here: http://www.berlinvintagelover.blogspot.de/2014/05/knitting-project-i-this-year.html)
I have a soft spot for knitting with embroidery, and mostly I use contrasting colors. This is my first try with tone-in-tone embroidery, and in general, I like it. The Jumper is only a kind of protoype. It's handknitted since for me it's easier to test the best fitting when I knit by hand, but pattern and yarn are suitable for the machine, too, and then the stitches will come out tighter and more regular. The color is a bit too pale for me but it has a beautiful look with the pleated white skirt - and I have the matching shoes for this style, too ;)






 

 
 And these shoes will look great with the pleated white skirt and the mint colored jumper:

No comments:

Post a Comment