Wollarium

Wollarium

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pre WWII patterns - 30's and 40's knit and sew magazines

A few days ago I found these magazines online, by accident - and hesitated to buy them. The images and the description were poor so I wasn't sure if they were worth the price - they weren't expensive but the date and the content were difficult to tell. But since I am who I am I took the risk, yesterday, they arrived in my letterbox - and I was as happy as a vintage fashion Lover and knitter could be :).
I already own a lot (and I mean a lot ...) of magazines from the 1950's to the 70's - but the pre WWII era and the 40's are still a nearly empty space on my shelves. I'm so glad this has changed now. And even better: Two of the magazines are from Berlin!!
Here are the first pictures:









 
from the 30's

from the 30's, too. and this will be an inspiration for one of my next knitting Projects.
 
 This one is from 1946 - a Magazine from Berlin, and here are some of the pics from inside:


 


This one is from Berlin, too, and from 1947:

and two pages from the inside:



And this one is one page only, no date here, but 40's style:


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment